This introductory Splunk workshop is designed to give you hands-on experience using Splunk to explore how to collect and analyze machine data to gain critical insights into user transactions, customer behavior, machine behavior, security threats, fraudulent activity and more.
August Schell and Splunk are teaming together to bring you Machine Data 101: Turning Data into Insight, which is a two-hour lab experience where you bring your own laptop and are guided through a series of hands-on exercises designed to help you learn the basics of machine data analysis and highlight techniques to help you turn your organization’s machine data into valuable insights.
Attendees will receive expert guidance from August Schell's Splunk security subject matter expert, Alex Maier. This is your opportunity to learn from Splunkers who have years of experience, not only in Splunk but also in security.
Additional benefits for attendees include:
- Getting a complete overview of the basics of machine data analysis
- Gaining "hands-on" experience, in real time, as you follow along with the demo
- Learning how you can tap into your Machine Data to investigate your entire IT infrastructure -- physical, virtual, and cloud -- with customizable alerts and dashboards
- Learning how to leverage Splunk best practices to gain visibility and control of your organization's security posture
- Learning how to answer the fundamental questions of "...what, who, when, where, how, and what do I do next?"